STAMFORD, Conn. (WTNH)- Stamford Fire Fighters want to remind people the importance of having working smoke detectors, after responding to a fire this morning at a home with only one working smoke detector. Fire Fighters responded to a call on Guinea Road around 2:00AM on Monday morning.
When Fire Fighters first arrived on the scene there was only a small amount of smoke in the house. Fire Fighters were able to figure out where the smoke was coming from, which was in a wall behind a gas stove in the kitchen. Crews removed the wall, and say they found a smoldering fire. Crews were able to put the fire out.
Fire Fighters say the home only had one working smoke detector, so they want to remind residents the importance of having enough working smoke detectors in your home. Fire officials say standards recommend multiple smoke detectors throughout the home, that are electrically powered, and backed up with batteries.