TAMPA (CNN) — Cell phone cases are designed to set your phone apart, but a new prototype is designed to feel like human skin.
The project is a team effort by researchers from France and England. It uses silicone to mimic the feel of skin and sensors to ‘feel’ your touch.
The case can detect and differentiate tickling, pinching, and caressing.
The skin can even send signals to the phone, which can then respond with emojis.
The developers say the device aims to explore the intersection between man and machine.
The project is in beginning stages and not available for sale yet. Thankfully.
- Emerald Aisle Fashion Show benefits Greater New Haven St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Annual Walter Camp Football Foundation celebration wraps up with black tie banquet
- Many aging doctors undergo memory tests to keep patients safe
- New Haven snow: first winter test for new mayor
- How two young men broke the mold by using art therapy to help children with autism