As record-breaking cold weather heads for Connecticut Thanksgiving Day, some schools are moving up their holiday football games.
Related Content: Get the latest Storm Team 8 Forecast
The Thanksgiving game between Amity Regional High School and North Haven High School has been moved up to Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. at Vanacore Field in North Haven. Both schools tweeted out the announcement Tuesday morning.
The Thanksgiving Day game at North Haven has been moved to 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday due to the threat of extreme cold temperatures #AR5 #cthsfb #SCC25— Amity HS Athletics (@amityathletics) November 20, 2018
Due to the impending record-cold temperatures on Thursday, @amityathletics and @NHIndiansAD have decided to move their Thanksgiving Day Football Game to Wednesday night at 6 PM. It will still be held at Vanacore Field. #cthsfb #SCC25— NorthHavenAthletics (@NHIndiansAD) November 20, 2018
The Elm City Bowl, where Wilbur Cross plays Hillhouse has also been rescheduled for Wednesday, November 21st at 6 p.m.
In addition, the following games have been moved up to Wednesday:
- Branford at East Haven – 11:00 a.m.
- MCW Unit at ATI – 2:00 p.m.
- St. Paul at Oxford – 5:00 p.m.
- Bethel at Brookfield – 5:00 p.m.
- Weston at Barlow – 5:00 p.m.
- Platt at Maloney – 6:00 p.m.
- Plainville at Farmington – 6:00 p.m.
- East Lyme at Waterford – 6:00 p.m.
- Notre Dame of West Haven at Hamden – 6:00 p.m.
- Cromwell/Portland at Rocky Hill (site change) – 6:00 p.m.
- Cheshire at Southington – 6:00 p.m.
- Watertown at Torrington – 6:00 p.m.
Web Extra: Thanksgiving Day football games rescheduled for approaching cold weather