(KOLR) - 71-year-old Andy Steinfeldt of Minnesota showing his endurance while planking is now believed to be a Guinness Book of World Records holder.
He spent his Tuesday at a Jewish Community Center attempting to break the world record for his age - holding a plank position.
He had some entertainment during the planking and even cracked a smile for the cameras.
According to the JCC, Steinfeldt pulled it off, planking for 38 minutes and breaking the previous record of 36 minutes and 58 seconds.
And this is not the only thing he is beating lately.
Steinfeldt recently finished radiation treatments for prostate cancer as well.
He told local media he took on the challenge to help motivate others to overcome challenges and maintain a positive attitude.
- Latest link between your diet and cancer
- Memorial Day 2019 events across Connecticut
- Derby students lay wreath at Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Memorial Day Weekend traffic safety reminders
- Police give insight into school investigation
- Will House vote on 'Bottle Bill' update?
- Person of interest identified in New Haven bank robberies, reward offered
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
At least seven people are dead -- five in Missouri, one in Oklahoma and one in Iowa -- after severe weather hit the Plains this week.Read More »
- Another day of tornadoes in Midwest, but St. Louis spared
- Tornadoes on the Plains not as bad as feared; threat remains
- Tornado damage in New Haven County still being repaired one year later
- Reflecting on Connecticut tornadoes 1 year later
- Today's Connecticut Forecast
- Beautiful weather for Friday, some rain for the weekend
- Connecticut experiencing high pollen counts this week
Governor Ned Lamont, alongside veterans and service members, paused on Friday...Read More »
It's a lesson about the true meaning of Memorial Day weekend that students at...Read More »