The Center for Family Justice will hold several vigils during October to mark domestic violence awareness month.
The Center’s President and CEO, Debra Greenwood, says of particular concern this year is the number of homicides that have occurred in recent years in homes where children are present.
The vigils, which start at 6 p.m., are:
* Tuesday, October 2: Bridgeport Police Headquarters, Bridgeport
* Wednesday, October 3: University of Bridgeport Student Center
* Tuesday, Oct 9: Stratford Town Hall
* Wednesday, Oct 10: University of Bridgeport Student Center.
* Thursday, Oct. 11: Monroe Town Hall
* Wednesday Oct. 17 Easton Community Center
* Thursday, Oct. 18: Fairfield’s Town Hall.
Each vigil reads the names of the 18 people killed in 2017 and the 12 killed so far this year.