We are prepping today’s 8 minute meal in the kitchen with Chef Liz Cerrato. She is laying out the ingredients for a delicious organic chicken dish.
Below is the recipe to Chicken with White Beans and Spinach:
- 8 organic chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12oz) container organic baby spinach
1. Heat a Dutch oven with olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and sear until golden, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and set aside.
2. Add butter to pan and allow to melt. Stir in onions and season with salt and pepper. Add in rosemary and garlic and cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Deglaze pan with white wine. Return chicken to pan, along with chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked and tender. Stir in beans and baby spinach. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes until spinach is wilted. Serve over polenta or quinoa.
Makes 4 servings.