Chef and blogger Laura Scaviola makes quick and easy pesto chicken stuffed sweet potatoes.
* 1 pound skinless chicken breast
* 2 whole sweet potatoes medium size
* salt and pepper to taste, for chicken
* 2 tsp olive oil for cooking
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1 large handful fresh basil leaves about 2 heaping cups
* 1 clove garlic
* 1/4 cup walnuts
1. First, prep the pesto. Add basil, 1/3 cup olive oil, walnuts, garlic, and salt & pepper to a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. Individually wrap sweet potatoes tightly with plastic wrap. It should completely cover the sweet potato for steaming. Place both sweet potatoes in the microwave for 6 minutes or until soft.
3. While potatoes are cooking, heat olive oil on medium heat in a large stove-top pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until done, about 8-10 minutes each side. Let chicken rest.
4. Remove potatoes from microwave and let cool before handling. Remove plastic wrap.
5. While potatoes cool, shred chicken with forks. Mix in pesto.
6. To assemble, slice sweet potatoes longways. Cut about 3/4 through the sweet potato. Do not cut totally in half. Place chicken inside the sweet potato. Mangia!
7. Save extra pesto in an airtight glass container. It may brown on top due to the air discoloring the basil – but no fear, it’s still perfectly fine.