Chef Jill Moskites of the Whey Station makes pumpkin mac & cheese toast.
1 slice of Arnold® Organic Rustic White
1.5 slices Gouda
2 slices crispy bacon
1 pats salted butter, room temperature
¼ cup Pumpkin Mac & Cheese (recipe follows)
Pumpkin Mac & Cheese:
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups half & half
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Smoked Gruyère
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cook pasta according to directions and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a sauce pan and add diced shallots, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant and softened. Add sage leaves and cook for another two minutes. Add flour and whisk for another 2 minutes until a roux forms. Once the flour cooks out, add half and half and whisk. Season to taste and then let the mixture cook and reduce for 5-10 minutes. Whisk in Cheddar, Smoked Gruyère and the pumpkin puree. Add honey and once again, season to taste.
- Add pasta, stir until evenly combined, then remove from heat.
- Grab your perfectly toasted slice of Arnold Organics Rustic White bread. Spread butter evenly onto your slice of toast, top with pumpkin mac & cheese, crumbled Gouda cheese, bacon bits and enjoy!