You may have heard that you need to drink 8 glasses of water everyday, but Dr. Dana Cohen is busting the myth!
Dr. Cohen, who recently released a new book called “Quench,” says drinking too much water can do your body more harm than good by flushing vital nutrients out of your body.
Another way you can stay hydrated is by eating food that contain gel water, such as chia seeds, lychee, prickly pears, or aloe.
If you think you may be dehydrated, ask yourself the following questions:
1) Do you have trouble losing weight?
2) Are you thirsty most of the time?
3) Do you feel constipated?
4) Is your urine dark yellow and low volume in output?
5) Do you feel bloated?
6) Do you have brain fog?
7) Are you tired in the afternoon?
8) Do you often feel sleepy?
9) Do you notice any dizziness?
10) Do you feel muscle stiffness?
11) Do you have joint pain?
12) Do you have frequent headaches?
13) Is your skin dry?
14) Are your lips chapped?
15) Do you have bad breath?
If you answered yes to any of these, your body may be signaling to you that you need to be hydrated beyond basic tap water.