Chef Jeffrey Laboda of Elm City Market makes a high end but easy 8 Minute Meal you can make for mom.
Confit duck leg with cherries and polenta atop super greens
· 2 ea d’artagnan confit duck legs
· 1 ea ancient harvest polenta
· 1 ea organic girl super greens
· ½ cup dried sweet cherries
· 1 cup natalie’s fresh orange juice
· 1 ea d’artagnan veal demi glace
· 1 ea d’artagnan duck fat
· salt & pepper to taste
1. Turn oven on medium broil. (if you do not have a medium broiler setting on your stove you can set your broiler on high and move your racks down about a third of the way off the bottom of the stove)
2. Place cherries and orange juice in a small sauce pot, bring up to a boil on high heat and reduce over medium high heat until you are left with ¼ cup of orange juice in the pot. add veal demi, bring back to a boil over medium heat, and then reduce heat to a simmer.
3. While your cherries are hydrating in the orange juice, place your duck legs on a sheet pan and place under the broiler. set a timer for 5 minutes, rotate, and set for another 5 minutes to finish.
4. Take your polenta and slice into two equal size rectangles. heat a tablespoon of duck fat in a nonstick pan over medium to medium high heat. sear each side of the polenta for about 5 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
5. Over medium high heat, melt a tablespoon of duck fat in a large saute pan. add 1 container of super greens, salt & pepper to taste, and quickly saute. about 2 minutes.
6. Plate up. spoon sauce on plate or bowl (either works). place polenta on top of sauce, greens on top of polenta, and duck resting off of the side.