Expert Chef Silvia Baldini makes a creamy pasta dish for an 8 Minute Meal.
- 1 bunch asparagus, cleaned and cut in 1/2 inches sections
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup speck or pancetta, diced
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pound spaghetti or mezze maniche
- sea salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- finely grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
Bring a pot of water to a boil add salt and blanch the cut asparagus for a minute or two. Drain and set aside.
Heat a medium size pan with the olive oil, add the speck and slowly render with out burning. Add the onion and cook until soft and transparent. Add the blanched asparagus, cook for a minute or two then add the white wine to deglaze. Reduce for a couple of minutes then turn the heat off. Pulse half of the cooked asparagus in a blender until creamy and set aside. Reserve the other half of the cooked asparagus.
Cook the pasta in large pot of salted water. Drain and reserve a glass of the cooking water.
Mix the drained pasta with the blended asparagus, the Parmesan and the reserved cooking water. Add the remaining cooked asparagus with the speck, mix gently. Add black pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and a couple of tablespoons of Parmesan and finish with the fresh parsley.