(WTNH) — Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist Jamie Lee McIntyre was in studio to make her Fall Kale and Quinoa Salad.
McIntyre recommends adding protein and starch to salads, in addition to the greens and veggies.
- 4 cups of kale (washed, dried, *massaged)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 cooked sweet potato, cubed
- 1 can chickpeas, dried & rinsed
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Maple-dijon dressing
- 3 TBSP any type of oil
- 1 1/2 TBSP apple-cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TSP dijon mustard
- pinch of salt & pepper
- In large bowl, mist oil on washed, dried kale. *Massage oil on leaves to spread the oil. This brings out a subtle, sweet flavor, adds texture to the kale, and makes it taste less bitter.
- Add quinoa, apple, sweet potato, apple, chickpeas, cranberries, and walnuts to bowl.
- In small container/jar, add dressing ingredients together (oil, apple-cider vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt, pepper) and shake.
- Incorporate dressing into salad and mix.
Follow McIntyre in Instagram for more of her recipes.