Clean Eating Health Coach Nikki Gallias makes the perfect 8 Minute Meal to help you refresh after the Memorial Day holiday.
Healthy Deli Style Tuna Mayonnaise Salad
• 4 cans of tuna (20 oz.) in water and preferably no soy added, check labels.
• 1 bunch of celery
• 1/2 cup of radishes
• ½ red onion (optional)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 0.5 red onion (optional)
• ½ cup of homemade mayo
• 1tablespoon of Dijon mustard
• ½ fresh lemon squeezed
1. Open cans of tuna and drain water and place in a large bowl.
2. In a food processor pulse your vegetables very slowly on a low setting so they are chopped nice and small. Be careful not to pulverize them. You can chop them with a knife, too.
3. Add vegetables to your chicken or tuna and mix.
4. Add Dijon mustard.
5. Make homemade mayonnaise and add to your bowl, one spoon at a time. Add mix until you feel it is a nice, rich consistency and the way you like your salad.
6. Flavor with salt, pepper and your favorite seasoning.
7. Serve on a bed of wild baby greens, a swiss chard wrap or a butter lettuce cup.