Chef John Brennan of Elm City Social makes spring lobster doughnuts in the kitchen.
1 cup corn kernels
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp minced parsley & rosemary
1 tsp minced garlic & shallots
4 oz picked lobster meat
½ cup grated parmesan
1 cup waffle or pancake batter
1 tbsp sweet & sour sauce
1 tsp powdered sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup corn starch
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 cups vegetable oil
1 tsp unsalted butter
1. In a medium sized pot, pour in oil and heat to medium to high heat (This is for frying the lobster doughnuts)
2. In a small sauté pan on low to medium heat, add butter, garlic & shallots, corn, herbs, heavy cream, salt & pepper and heat. When the cream begins to boil add grated parmesan and mix in at low heat until it tightens. Set aside.
3. Combine all-purpose flour and corn starch in a small bowl and whisk together. Add lobster pieces to the mixture, dredge and then place in waffle or pancake batter.
4. Remove the lobster pieces covered in waffle batter, quickly and carefully and place directly into hot oil to fry. Fry until golden brown on each side (about one minute on each side), remove from fry oil and set aside.
5. Plate your creamed corn center of the plate, place lobster doughnuts decoratively around it, drizzle on sweet and sour sauce, garnish with powdered sugar.