We are prepping today’s 8 Minute Meal, a summer berry smoothie bowl in the kitchen with Chef Liz Cerrato, creator of Food Jules.
Summer Berry Smoothie Bowl
1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
½ cup Greek plain yogurt*
1 tbsp milled flax seed
2 frozen bananas
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup frozen cherries
Toppings: granola, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, shredded coconut
1. In a blender, add almond milk, yogurt, flax seed, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and cherries.
2. Blend until smooth. You may need to push down the fruit so it gets all incorporated. It will resemble sorbet.
Makes 6 smoothie bowls.
* Substitute Greek yogurt for almond or coconut yogurt to make this vegan
6 cups organic rolled oats
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup pure maple syrup
½ cup raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In large bowl, mix oats, pecans, walnuts, almonds, coconut and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, melt coconut oil. Stir in maple syrup, honey and vanilla. Pour liquid mixture into oat mixture. Stir mixture until well combined.
4. Dump granola mixture evenly into baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, then toss around granola and bake for 10 more minutes. Allow to cool. Store in glass mason jars.
6. Makes 3 (32 oz.) jars.