Lifestyle expert Kelsey Banfield and her daughter Daphne team up to make a chocolatey treat for Mother’s Day.
· 2 1/4sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
· 1cup sugar
· 1cup light brown sugar
· 2eggs, room temperature
· 2 1/2cups flour
· 3/4cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1teaspoon baking soda
· 1teaspoon Kosher salt
· 2tablespoons instant espresso powder (like Medaglia D’Oro, or similar)
· 12ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Then, add eggs one at time, mixing after each addition to make sure they are well combined.
3. In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. I use a whisk to make sure the dry ingredients are well mixed.
4. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix everything until the ingredients are fully combined, but do not overbeat. Using a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips.
5. Line a baking sheet with Silpat or parchment paper. Using a 1 1/2″ ice-cream scoop, or rounded teaspoon, drop dough on the sheet 2″ apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Scoop vanilla ice cream or coffee flavor ice cream in between two cookies and serve.