Love is in the air with Valentine’s Day happening this Sunday. And nothing says Valentine’s Day like chocolate.
Chocolate Molten Cake with Raspberry Coulis
Ingredients for Raspberry Coulis:
- 4 oz of bittersweet chocolate, chopped (equal to 1 cup dry measure)
- 5 oz bag of frozen raspberries
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare ramekins by spraying with baking spray and placing on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
2. Over a double broiler melt chocolate with butter. Remove from heat once melted.
3. In a large bowl beat sugar, eggs and egg yolks. Set aside.
4. Temper in chocolate into egg-sugar bowl. Gently whisk to combine.
5. Add in flour and with a rubber spatula stir to just combine.
6. Fill each ramekin about 3/4’s of the way up. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
7. For raspberry coulis: add all ingredients in blender and puree.
8. Serve cakes warm with raspberry coulis and fresh whipped cream.