(WTNH)– Meatless Monday is the perfect opportunity to try a new plant-based dish!
Chef Julie Hartigan is back to share an easy, fun recipe that is a great work from home lunch or a delicious super-packable picnic dish!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoonpepper
- 1 15 oz can chick peas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber seeded, diced
- 2/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Optional: lemon wedges for serving
- Combine quinoa, water, and ¼ tsp salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed. Place quinoa in a large bowl, fluff with a fork, and let cool.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, remaining 1 ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Pour over quinoa and toss to combine. Fold in chick peas, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, mint, and parsley. Serve garnished with feta cheese and a lemon wedge.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 991mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 2.8mg
You can find more recipes at CookingwJulie.com.