(WTNH) - Holistic health coach and blogger April Godfrey makes a quick and easy meal you can use as an energy boosting breakfast, or a filling, satisfying snack.
Apple Pie Over Night Oats
1 Cup gluten free rolled oats
2 Cups almond or coconut milk (or combo of both!)
1/4 Cup chia seeds
1 Tbsp hulled hemp hearts
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 - 1 Apple chopped
4 Medjool dates chopped
1/4 Cup chopped walnuts
Place all ingredients in a jar, cover and shake it thoroughly.
Place in the refrigerator over night.
the next day, serve cold or heat.
If heating: warm in a sauce pan over medium heat, add extra almond or coconut milk to make creamier and top with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon if you so desire.
- Hamden Police arrest suspect in October robbery
- Hamden PD: 2 teens found sleeping in car arrested with crack
- Destination Location: News 8 Visits Waterbury
- Democratic senators sue over Whitaker's appointment as AG
- Rain could hinder search for victims of California wildfire
- ‘You don't go to jail for lying on TV': GoFundMe scam suspect allegedly says in bombshell recording
- Amazon to start delivering fresh, full-sized Christmas trees
Thursday's snowstorm created havoc for commuters and Connecticut State Troopers.Read More »
- Another round of rain for Monday night
- Wet snow makes for slippery sidewalks, difficult shoveling
- Winter storm leaves slippery road conditions
- Windy and cold Friday afternoon, sunny weekend ahead
- Connecticut experiences first snowfall of the season!
- Drivers stranded on Connecticut highways as winter storm continues
- Wintry weather coats roads across Connecticut with snow
Two people have been taken to the hospital following a fire in an apartment...Read More »
Two teens were arrested on drug charges in Hamden after they were allegedly...Read More »
A woman who was allegedly caught on camera shoplifting from an East Haven...Read More »