(WTNH) - Chef Dave Foster makes a dish that may seem intimidating but can be quite easy: homemade Hollandaise sauce.
4 egg yolks
1 stick butter
1 juice of 1 lemon
dash of Cayenne pepper
pinch of salt and pepper.
Put the yoke's, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in steel bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside. In a small pot, heat the butter until it is boiling. While the butter is hot, drizzle it slowly into the egg yolk mixture wisking vigorously. Finally, drizzle over eggs Benedict, salmon, or anything you wish.
For further instructions, watch the video above.
- Waterbury tribute to local fallen veterans coming soon
- Like many things in life; it's all about the money
- Big concerns about money problems in Hamden
- Senator Murphy tours Hammonasset Meigs Point Nature Center
- 4 Connecticut restaurants among top hole-in-the-wall spots in the country
- Israeli flight attendant in coma after contracting measles on flight out of New York
- American College of Physicians release new breast cancer screening guidelines
- Rain and melting snow contributes to Connecticut River flooding
- Connecticut receives total of $1 million in federal aid from 2018 storms, tornadoes
- New Haven's cherry blossoms will be at full peak by the end of April
- 6 states under blizzard warnings as residents prepare for April snow storm
- Start working now on getting a green lawn this year
- Crews around Connecticut battle flames in heart of brush fire season
- Dry and breezy day led to several brush fires across Connecticut
Sources with DEEP confirm to News 8 tonight that the bobcat tested positive...Read More »
There's a powerful lesson being learned at Shelton Intermediate School, how a...Read More »
"I hope they feel some sense of gratitude and an appreciation that people do...Read More »
A special visitor at the Meigs Point Nature Center in Madison on Thursday.Read More »
An annual tradition to help save lives continued on the Yale campus with the 11th annual Mandi Schwartz marrow donor registration drive.Read More »
The University of Hartford did pretty well when they hired former UConn star Jen Rizzotti as women's basketball coach.Read More »