(WTNH)- The ability to maintain balance is an important part of life, whether its playing sports or something as simple as getting into and our of a chair.
Health and Fitness Specialist Eanna Rushe came to Good Morning Connecticut to talk about how to help our bodies with these daily demands.
Rushe said the ability to maintain balance is an integral part of sport and life. Sometimes we fail to recognize that balance is a requirement for most everyday activities like going up and down stairs and carrying your grocery bags. We have several different balance mechanisms in our body to help us cope with daily demands. If we don't train these mechanisms they can under perform when we need them most.
Rushe then showed us a few simple drills that can be done to enhance your balance.
The four drills are a single leg balance, a single leg balance with head rotation, a single leg squat and a single leg hip hinge which is an advanced exercise.
For more information, you can watch the video above.
- Kleenex to rebrand 'mansize' tissues after gender complaints
- Sheriff: Missing Wisconsin girl's parents were shot to death
- Trump's Russia attorney shifts to become White House counsel
- West Hartford firefighters help deliver newborn
- Search continues for suspect in Middletown shooting
- Body recovered from river in Windham
- Candidates stay on campaign script in latest debate
(WTNH) - A widespread FROST/FREEZE scenario to start Friday, but milder weather returns for Friday afternoon and Saturday with daytime highs near 60 and overnight lows 40's/50's. Another cold front brings the windy and chilly weather back for Sunday and Monday.Read More »
- Connecticut Red Cross volunteer in Florida describes heartbreaking scenes following hurricane
- Hurricane is blamed for 16 deaths in Florida alone
- Evacuations for 'disastrous' Llano, Colorado River flooding in Texas
- Early snow blankets much of Kansas
- Searches intensify after body is found in Michael's wake
- 'It was life or death': Face-to-face with Michael's fury
- How you can help survivors in the wake of Hurricane Michael
Police responded to a report of a person shot in the face. The suspect fled...Read More »
"It means giving people a chance."Read More »
The UConn football team travels to South Florida this weekend to face the 20th ranked Bulls.Read More »
Kleenex will re-brand its "Mansize" tissues after consumers complained the name was sexist — touching off a social media conversation about what's in a name.Read More »