Professional Chef Julie Hartigan makes chocolate ganache tarts in the kitchen.
* 1 1.9 oz package premade filo shells 15 shells
* ¼ cup low-fat milk
* 1 tsp salted butter
* 1 3.5 oz bar high quality dark chocolate chopped (~3/4 cup)
* ½ tsp vanilla extract
* ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
* fat free whipped cream optional, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350. Bake filo shells to crisp lightly. Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan over high heat until milk boils and butter melts.
2. Reduce heat to low and stir in chocolate and vanilla extract until combined. Let cool slightly and pour filling into shells.
3. Sprinkle the top with sea salt and chill before serving. Optional: top with a dab of whipped cream just before serving.
This recipe is easily doubled to feed a crowd. If you’re not a sweet and salty fan you can just omit the sea salt from the recipe.