(WTNH) — It’s a sweet weekend to be in Connecticut! We are stretching your dollar with a look at some tasty deals this Freebie Friday.
National Ice cream Day is Sunday and businesses are ready:
- Get a dollar off dipped cones Sunday at participating Dairy Queen locations.
- Get a free ice cream scoop with purchase when you order from Insomnia Cookies Friday to Sunday by using code “Ice Cream Day”.
- It’s 35% off most ice cream products at Whole Foods this week; Friday through Tuesday, July 20. Prime members may actually be able to save more in some cases.
- If you stop into participating Carvel locations Sunday and try one of their new churro treats — you’ll get a surprise offer that can be redeemed through August 30!
- It’s free ice-cream-scented kinetic sand at Baskin Robbins with a $10 purchase or more on Sunday while supplies last.
- The Farmer’s Cow Cafe and Creamery in Mansfield will host a free ice cream social Sunday afternoon.
In Mansfield Sunday, we spoke to one of the managers at Farmer’s Cow. She says they wanted to put something together to celebrate the day with everyone in the area.
Coryn Princevalle, Operations Manager, Farmers Cow Cafe & Creamery, said, “We wanted to put a celebration for our community – everyone to come out, have a good time, to be able to play games, enjoy free samples of ice cream and food, and try all of our products from not only our local co-op of farms but other local farmers as well.”
The event featured live music, outdoor games, and a chance for community members to win prizes including gift cards and free ice cream.