It’s the first day of October, so we might as well skip ahead and talk about the holidays and those upcoming seasonal jobs! We are stretching your dollar with a look at where the jobs are this winter.
Retaildive.com says there’s already been an 11 percent increase in job seekers in August from a year ago, and it’s likely demand for holiday jobs will be high.
So, if that’s you, here’s a guide so you know where to look:
- Gap has announced it’ll be hiring about 5,000 jobs
- Michaels are offering up to 15,000 jobs
- Party City expects to hire 25,000 seasonal workers
- Even more at Kohl’s – 90,000
- Finally, Target will be hiring roughly 130,000 part-time workers
Others not mentioned in the report but are always hiring at this time of the year are UPS and Amazon.
Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone.