(WTNH) - This weekend, we celebrate Mom. Mother's Day is a time to show our appreciation and love for all the special women who've had a big impact on our lives.
So many of you sending in pictures expressing your love, gratitude and appreciation.
As the anonymous saying goes, "Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever."
The News 8 Morning Team gave a shout out to our mothers. Check out their photos in the video above.
- Brian Spyros and his mom, Patricia
- Alyssa Taglia and her mother, Kim.
- Gil Simmons (as a little kid) and his mom, Louisa.
- Kent Peirce with his mother, Barbara.
- Laura Hutchinson with her mom, Cynthia.
- Stephanie Simoni and her mother, Linda.
Many events so far this Spring, such as a moving display in Branford by an artist in New York bringing awareness to veteran suicide, and the number of people we lose every day throughout the country.
The bears are making their presence known and were spotted in communities across the state.
Many of them strolling through your yards. Danielle in East Haddam got video of this bear manhandling the bird feeders.
In recognition of National Teacher Appreciation Week, the BIC pen company donated 54 boxes of school supplies to the Theodore Roosevelt Elementary School in Bridgeport.
Congratulations to Marissa Jankowski, who is now Trooper Jankowski. She just graduated from the State Police Academy. Her family is very proud.
A big birthday shout out to Mary Riss in Meriden. She just turned 100 years old.
She loves to bake and still cleans snow of her neighbors cars in the winter. She's my hero.
Finally, some of the beauty from this week and all those spring colors from the vast skies and the blooming flowers.
You can send your videos and photos to our Report-It page here.
Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone.
- Connecticut's Move Over law stresses safe driving
- Crews respond to a house fire at a 6-family residence in New Britain
- ‘Jeopardy!' champ playing in Las Vegas World Series of Poker
- Lamont says he's "in on back and forth" over UConn and Big East
- Fatal crash at Hammonasset being investigated
- Former Yale basketball captain settles sexual misconduct lawsuit with university
- Suit: Generic drug makers used code to fix price increases
Ash trees and oak trees are becoming more and more scarce across the state of Connecticut all because of the invasive Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moths.Read More »
- Eye on the Storm - Hurricane season by the experts
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that the planet and its largest moons will be visible
- The science behind studying mosquitoes this season
- Safety dos and don'ts of handling a tornado outbreak
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- After several quiet years, tornadoes erupt in United States
- Slightly more humid for Monday evening, before rain arrives Tuesday
After public outcry, it appears the New Haven Board of Education is changing...Read More »
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (WTNH) -- New Britain firefighters responded to a fire at...Read More »
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - The presidents of the schools in the Big East...Read More »