(WTNH) - This weekend is the official start to Summer.
Many of us have been waiting for this moment since the cold winter months, and as of lately, we have a lot to celebrate.
First, it's prom season. High school students across the state are getting all dressed up to celebrate a night with friends they'll never forget.
It's also the time of year for graduations. Robert from Monroe just received his bachelors' degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Hartford.
A group of kids in Waterbury just celebrated their first communion.
Beautiful shots of the moon from the last few days, from Southington to Old Saybrook.
Francine is a big fan of Game of Thrones; She doesn't know what to do now that the series is over.
Bonnie in Monroe came across a bird protecting her babies on top of a basketball hoop.
A Baltimore Oriole has been hanging around in Plainfield.
A New Haven police officer was found helping two kids fix one of their broken bikes.
Finally, May is Military Appreciation Month. We want to salute all the men and women who are serving our country in every branch of the military.
This weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. That's what Memorial Day is all about.
Send us your photos and videos here or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone.
- Motorcycle accidents in Haddam and Cromwell under investigation
- Connecticut National Guard members returning from deployment
- Middletown holds first ever Pride parade
- Hartford PD hosts gun buyback event
- Search for possible drowning victim in Connecticut River to resume Sunday morning
- Hartford: Firefighters respond to residential fire on Capen Street
- UPDATE: Target registers back online after system shuts down nationwide
Ash trees and oak trees are becoming more and more scarce across the state of Connecticut all because of the invasive Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moths.Read More »
- Eye on the Storm - Hurricane season by the experts
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that the planet and its largest moons will be visible
- The science behind studying mosquitoes this season
- Safety dos and don'ts of handling a tornado outbreak
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- After several quiet years, tornadoes erupt in United States
- Damp, but not a Drencher For Father's Day
Connecticut State Police are investigating after a State Police cruiser was...Read More »
Two motorcycle accidents on Saturday night are being investigated by police.Read More »
Members of the Connecticut Army National Guard are coming home from...Read More »