HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — The Hartford Athletic is taking precautions against COVID-19 as its first home match of the season approaches.
Some of the precautions they will implement at Dillon Stadium include:
- Contactless ticketing.
- Cashless transactions.
- Spectators using specific gates to enter and leave their seating section.
- Use of facemasks and face coverings.
- No tailgating in parking lots.
- Prepackaged meals at concession stands.
- Increased security to enforce social distancing guidelines and safety protocols.
- Increased cleaning staff to clean and disinfect high-touch points and bathrooms.
“We’re literally doing almost four times the amount of staff to make sure there’s good social distancing at the start,” said Jim Burda, Hartford Athletic CEO.
“Hartford Athletic is super excited to try to get the fans in here,” added Morgan Kuehnle, Manager of Operations and Merchandise for Hartford Athletic. “It’s something that really changes the environment of the game for all of our players and our staff.”
Right now, there is no specific date when fans will be allowed into Dillon Stadium. Hartford Athletic’s first home match is on July 20.
The Athletic finished off the preseason with a 3-1 win over the New England Revolution II in a friendly. The club will kick off the 2020 season on Friday night, July 17, on the road against New York Red Bulls II at 7 p.m. in a game that will air live on WCTX and streamed live right here on WTNH.com and the News 8 app.