(WTNH) - High school baseball. It's senior day for the #1 team in the state: Cheshire. The defending LL champs hosted Shelton.
The Rams are rolling in the Bottom of the 1st. Will Bergin ripped one through the gap.
Rob Rolls scores, and Cheshire goes up 2-0.
The Gaels give the Rams a scare. Tied at 2 in the 5th, Anthony Steele the shot by the diving second baseman. Dylan DeSio slides in safely and Shelton takes a 3-2 lead.
Bottom of the 6th, Eli Batta-paglia shoots one to right center, Bergin gets on his horse and hustles home. Rams put 4 on the board and win it 7-3.
Cheshire finishing the regular season with 19 straight wins.
Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone.
- Gov. Lamont to honor those killed in Iraq and Afghanistan wars
- Newington revving up for Motorcycle Madness
- 6th migrant child dies after detention by U.S. Border agents, died from pre-existing conditions
- House fire in Norwalk displaces residents
- Senator Blumenthal to introduce federal legislation to stop anti-abortion laws
- Parents, care providers to push to raise child care payments
- Senate passes 'Paid Family and Medical Leave' bill, governor threatens veto
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
At least seven people are dead -- five in Missouri, one in Oklahoma and one in Iowa -- after severe weather hit the Plains this week.Read More »
- Another day of tornadoes in Midwest, but St. Louis spared
- Tornadoes on the Plains not as bad as feared; threat remains
- Tornado damage in New Haven County still being repaired one year later
- Reflecting on Connecticut tornadoes 1 year later
- Today's Connecticut Forecast
- Spot shower early Thursday, thunderstorms possible in the late afternoon
- Connecticut experiencing high pollen counts this week
The governor will pay tribute on Thursday to the 65 men and women from...Read More »
Amateur radio operators will put their skills to the test on Thursday.Read More »
Former 'Whale Wars' host Paul Watson will be in Hartford on Thursday to host...Read More »
A "violent tornado" touched down in Jefferson City, Missouri, causing heavy damage, according to the National Weather Service, but there were no immediate reports of fatalities.Read More »
As we get ready to kick off summer, it's time to think about entertainment for the kids. We are stretching your dollar with what you want to look for in a summer camp.Read More »
The governor will pay tribute on Thursday to the 65 men and women from Connecticut who were killed in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan since the September 11 terrorist attacks.Read More »