A tough 2023 season for the Giants continues as they head down I-95 to visit the Washington Commanders. Many fans believe that the team should tank to assure themselves of the best possible draft slot, but head coach Brian Daboll has said that won't be the case under his watch.
That said, the Giants are a banged-up mess of a team, and it would be hard-pressed to see them win another game this season.
Both teams look much different from their matchup just four weeks prior. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor and tight end Darren Waller, who played in that game, are on IR, a connection that was working in the Giants’ 14-7 victory over the Commanders last month.
Defensive lineman Leonard Williams, who also played in that game, has since been traded, and the Giants are trying to fill his absence. Meanwhile, rookie Tommy DeVito has been under center and, predictably, has struggled, the offense looking even worse than it did with Taylor and Daniel Jones running things earlier in the year.
To no fault of his own, DeVito’s making the most of his opportunity as an undrafted rookie being thrown into the fire in his first season, but it's clear the game is a little too fast for him right now.
The Commanders look different on the defensive side of the ball. They decided to ship Chase Young and Montez Sweat away before the trade deadline. Although their two best pass rushers are gone, they still have interior linemen Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne to hold down the defensive line.
Quarterback Sam Howell, who struggled against the Giants defense last time, comes in as the NFL’s current leading passer with 2,783 yards.
This week also marks another game in which the Giants are the underdogs, But if there are any Giants fans out there who still care and still want a reason to tune in, the Giants always seem to find a way to beat the Commanders of late.
Will that hold true this week? Be sure to check in with Giants Country during and after the game for complete coverage.
Washington Commanders (4-6) vs New York Giants (2-8)
Date/Time: Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 1:05 pm ET
Venue: FedEx Field, Landover, MD
Regular Season History: The Giants lead the all-time series 106-70-5. They won the previous matchup in Week 7, 14-7. The Giants have not won a game since.
Live Stream: fuboTV (Start your free trial)
TV: FOX (Kenny Albert, Play-By-Play. Jonathan Vilma, Analysts. Shannon Spake, Reporter)
Radio: WFAN 101.9FM (Bob Papa, Play-By-Play. Carl Banks, Analyst. Howard Cross, Sideline).
Coverage from Giants Country
- New York Giants - Washington Commanders Matchups to Watch
- New York Giants Week 10: Examining the Washington Commanders Defense
- New York Giants Week 10: Examining the Washington Commanders Offense
- Caleb Williams or Drake Maye: Which Should Giants Draft if Eyeing a QB?
- Eye on the Opponent: How Much Did Washington's Defense Lose Pass Rush "Edge"?
- Brian Daboll Reveals Why He's Sticking with Tommy DeVito at Quarterback
Giants Injury Report
- RT Evan Neal (ankle): OUT
- CB Adoree’ Jackson (concussion): OUT
- LT Andrew Thomas (knee): Questionable
- DB Bobby McCain (illness): Questionable
Commanders Injury Report
- FB Alex Armah (hamstring): OUT
- DE James Smith-Williams (hamstring): OUT
- RB Antonio Gibson (toe): Doubtful
Referee: Brad Allen
- Get the latest breaking news and analysis on the New York Giants
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Check out the Giants Country YouTube Channel.
- Subscribe and like the LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Connect with us via text alerts! Free 14 Day Trial!