Officers from the Fort Pierce Police Department responded to a call of a woman who said she couldn’t take care of her Brindle Pittie. The puppy apparently wasn’t old or strong enough to be left in a shelter cage until Dorian was gone.
Officer Michel Jean showed the puppy to his family over Facetime, who were in a unanimous agreement that they had to take it in.
The family named the dog “Dory” in honor of the Hurricane that brought them together.
- Fire crews respond to early morning fire at commercial building in Middletown
- Gov. Lamont’s request to create safe spaces for domestic violence survivors during coronavirus outbreak approved by FEMA
- Social-distancing concerns still present at outdoor spaces as warmer weather approaches, Naugatuck Valley mayors considering closing Riverwalk
- “Uptick in incidents” at Carl Robinson as tensions rise over DOC’s coronavirus response
- New Haven police investigate pedestrian struck by two vehicles, killed on Ella Grasso Boulevard