NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) - It's just a fantastic neighborhood when the trees bloom its another world...it's just beautiful.
Bart Szczarba said, "The cherry blossoms are one of the first flowers to bloom, even the daffodils are hardly up now. But next week and the week after these will be blooming and shining really brightly."
Szczarba runs the Wooster Square Blossom Blog where he chronicals the six stages as blossoms approach peak, and when they do, the sight is something incredible.
"They're just fleetingly beautiful," Szczarba said. "It takes all year for them to bloom and then they're over in a week and a half. So when they're blooming it reminds you of how to enjoy life in the moment rather than let it skip by."
In just over two weeks, Wooster Square will come alive with over 10,000 people for their 46th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival with food, games, and, of course, music. The question is: When will they peak?
"I would say right after Easter," Szczarba said. "And if it holds to that they could be at the end of peak by the Cherry Blossom Festival. But if you come for the Cherry Blossom Festival you are going to see cherry blossoms that's for sure. They'll still be around!"
Regardless of whether or not the blossoms are at peak when the cherry blossom festival happens, thousands are expected to come out right here in New Haven to celebrate Spring.
- Waterbury tribute to local fallen veterans coming soon
- Like many things in life; it's all about the money
- Big concerns about money problems in Hamden
- Senator Murphy tours Hammonasset Meigs Point Nature Center
- 4 Connecticut restaurants among top hole-in-the-wall spots in the country
- Israeli flight attendant in coma after contracting measles on flight out of New York
- American College of Physicians release new breast cancer screening guidelines
- Rain and melting snow contributes to Connecticut River flooding
- Connecticut receives total of $1 million in federal aid from 2018 storms, tornadoes
- New Haven's cherry blossoms will be at full peak by the end of April
- 6 states under blizzard warnings as residents prepare for April snow storm
- Start working now on getting a green lawn this year
- Crews around Connecticut battle flames in heart of brush fire season
- Dry and breezy day led to several brush fires across Connecticut
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
LEWISTON, N.Y. (AP) - Kodak Black was arrested on drug and weapons charges as...Read More »
Sources with DEEP confirm to News 8 tonight that the bobcat tested positive...Read More »
There's a powerful lesson being learned at Shelton Intermediate School, how a...Read More »
"I hope they feel some sense of gratitude and an appreciation that people do...Read More »
An annual tradition to help save lives continued on the Yale campus with the 11th annual Mandi Schwartz marrow donor registration drive.Read More »
The University of Hartford did pretty well when they hired former UConn star Jen Rizzotti as women's basketball coach.Read More »