There are still trees that had been thrown about in Hamden.
Web Extra: Remembering the 2018 tornadoes in Hamden
Sleeping Giant State Park remains off limits due to the extensive damage.
On Wednesday, Storm Team 8 Meteorologists Sam Kantrow and Ashley Baylor were out in Hamden and Beacon Falls taking a look back as well as ahead one year removed from those powerful storms.
Web Extra: Devastation from 2018 tornadoes remains in Beacon Falls
Web Extra: Tornado Stats from 2018 and Storm Team 8 live in Beacon Falls
Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone.
- Tolls stalled, may need Special Session
- Bear euthanized after killing dog in Burlington
- Dressbarn, women's clothing chain, to close all its 650 stores
- Police identify Milford homicide victim
- Replacing a crumbling foundation from start to finish
- Officials announce H.O.P.E initiative aimed at opioid prevention and education
- Loaded glock handgun magazine found at North Haven movie theater
Destructive, powerful storms. Connecticut caught in the crosshairs.Read More »
- Reflecting on Connecticut tornadoes 1 year later
- Today's Connecticut Forecast
- Warm temps, high humidity and strong storms for Monday afternoon
- Connecticut experiencing high pollen counts this week
- Hurricane hunters soar into storms to collect crucial data
- 'Hurricane Watch: The Path to Preparedness' weather special
- Connecticut River continues to overflow its banks
Tens of millions of dollars in claims are being distributed to eastern...Read More »
Several Connecticut towns and police departments are coming together to...Read More »