(WTNH) - It has been an interesting day so far - we have been tracking scattered rain showers along with some snow in the higher elevations where some minor accumulations have occured. As cold air get wrapped around this system, we will see more wet snow/snow showers overnight through early Saturday morning across the entire state! A coating is possible for most valley locations and the shore, however, the higher elevations could see some shovelable snow! 1-6 inches!!!!!. Watch out across the hills EAST of the Connecticut River for the most SNOW overnight into early Saturday!!! Windy and cold Saturday. Spring temps for one day on Sunday!!!!
A *WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY* is in effect for the northern half of Litchfield County and all of Tolland County through Saturday morning.
This Evening: Scattered showers. Wet Snow showers/wintry mix in the higher elevations. Breezy at times. Temps in the low 40s......30's hills
Tonight: Cloudy with snow showers. A coating is possible for most of the state, but 1" to 6" is likely for the higher elevations of eastern and western CT. Lows in the low to mid 30s. Becoming Windy.
Saturday: Increasing sunshine. Windy, gusts to 40 MPH. Highs in the low to mid 40s.
Sunday: Beautiful! Mix of sun and clouds with highs in the mid 50s.
Monday: Mostly cloudy with scattered rain showers. Highs in the mid to upper 40s.
Tuesday: Sun and clouds. Chilly, highs in the upper 30s.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid 40s.
Thursday: Lots of sunshine with highs in the low 50s.
Friday: Mostly sunny. Mild, highs near 60°.
- E-Sports emerging across country as high schools assemble teams
- Court date set for Middletown man accused of murdering grandfather
- New Britain murder suspect found in South Carolina
- Destination Location: Black Hog Brewing, Oxford
- Robert Mueller sends report for Bill Barr's review
- BBB warns of tax related phone scams
- Show Us Your Puppy Photo on this #NationalPuppyDay
Winter 2019 has come and is pretty much gone for Connecticut.Read More »
- Springtime allergies return as weather warms up
- Scattered showers for Friday, snow/wintry mix in higher elevations
- On this day, the blizzard of 1888 swept Connecticut off its feet
- Connecticut State Police ready to assist during winter storm
- Connecticut residents ready for winter storm on Sunday night
- Travelers prepared as snowy March storm moves across Connecticut
- Lt. Gov. says Connecticut is ready for round 2 of snow
We now have a date for the trial over inheritance money connected to...Read More »
A New Britain man arrested for murder in South Carolina is now back in...Read More »
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Special Counsel Robert Mueller's much-anticipated report: The product of nearly two years of investigation has now been handed to the Justice Department for Attorney General Bill Barr's review, and Congress has been notified of the transfer, a JusRead More »