Conn. (WTNH) — Much of the state saw intense storms Sunday. In Litchfield County, The National Weather Service says two tornados touched down. After the winds died down, residents in the northwest corner of Connecticut say they saw substantial storm damage.

Some storms Sunday afternoon and evening were intense with heavy rain, lightning, gusty winds, and hail. A Tornado Watch was in effect for most of the state Sunday, which turned into a Tornado Warning for Litchfield County.

RELATED: Tornado touchdown confirmed in Westport amid Tropical Storm Isaias

The National Weather Service reported a “radar-indicated rotation” in the northwest corner of CT Sunday evening, and by 8:30 p.m. a touchdown was confirmed.

Monday the National Weather Service confirmed that there were, in fact, two tornado touchdowns Sunday.

Around 5:36 p.m. Sunday, an EF0 touched down in Sharon at a garden nursery near the CT/New York border with max wind speeds around 80 mph with a path length of about 0.25 miles.

NWS reports, “Large trees were uprooted. The metal infrastructure of greenhouses was destroyed. Eyewitnesses reported garden supplies rotating in the air above the nursery. Down the road from the nursery, additional uprooted trees were observed.”

Between 6:05-6:10 p.m., an EF1 touched down in Falls Village with max wind speeds of 90 mph with a path length of 1.7 miles.

NWS reports, “The survey team observed many snapped and uprooted trees along Lime Rock Station Road near River Road. Additional downed trees were notes along the path of the tornado.”

NWS says no one was hurt or killed in either touchdown.

In Norfolk (a northwestern CT Massachusetts border town) police say a home at 430 North Street reported heavy winds and rain “unlike anything they’ve been.”

Officials said the residents retreated to their basement during the heavy winds and emerged to discover several trees were down on their property.

At last check, Route 272 is closed in Norfolk north of the town center.

Where the EF0 tornado touched down in Sharon, the town’s garden center sustained substantial damage.

News 8 spoke to neighbors of the garden center who say they went down the street to make sure everyone was OK.

Xavier Boyer told News 8, “For a moment, there was a little bit of wind. We didn’t think anything happened until we heard about the farm down the street.”

Dan Garmon of Sharon added, “It was kinda crazy to drive around and see the downed trees and the roof of that greenhouse over there. We just hope everyone is okay. We’re here to help if they need it.”

Those residents say they are grateful there was no damage to their own property.