The Department of Transportation reported that I-95 south was closed between exits 43 and 42 due to an accident involving a tractor trailer truck, a DOT truck and two other vehicles. The highway has since reopened.
The incident was reported at around 1:20 p.m.
DOT officials said they had a "rolling" work zone for pothole patching when a tractor trailer accidently entered the work zone pattern and struck a DOT truck. The DOT driver was not hurt.
The highway was congested for over three miles and there were heavy delays into New Haven.
Police said there are two minor injuries.
- US Senate approves investments to protect health of Long Island Sound
- Madison pharmacy to close
- West Haven developer hires extra security after recent fires at "The Haven" development site
- PD: Woman shot in both feet while lying in bed in Hamden
- Virgin Galactic to send second rocket-powered plane to space
- Suffer from dry eyes?
- Special Olympics events cancelled Sunday for rain
A winter storm that swept through the Southwest and brought a rare snowfall to the Las Vegas Strip and the mountains above Malibu in California pounded north-central Arizona with record amounts.Read More »
- A wintry mess creating troubles, dangers across the country
- News 8 takes a trip to Ridge Road School in North Haven with the mobile weather lab
- Slick commute, icy overnight for Connecticut
- This past January was the third warmest January ever
- Has precipitation this winter been 'normal?'
- Connecticut State Troopers on the lookout for ice missiles after snowstorm
- Report-It Recap: Connecticut cleans up from Tuesday snow storm
"It helps to reinforce that there's no reason he can't do what all other kids...Read More »
The federal government is making investments to improve and protect the...Read More »
In West Haven, the developer of "The Haven" properties is hiring private...Read More »
A 21-year-old woman was shot in both of her feet while she was lying in bed...Read More »
"It helps to reinforce that there's no reason he can't do what all other kids do."Read More »