NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – The Christmas tree is often the focal point of holiday decor, but it can also be a hard to decorate!
Blogger Extraordinaire Charlotte Smith has three tree decorating DIY’s will help bring your tree together.
1. DIY Marbled Ornaments
- Plastic ornaments are on sale at most craft stores this time of year and this simple technique will help you bring them all together.
- Drizzle nail polish onto the surface of a water filled disposable container.
- Run a toothpick through the nail polish to create a fun marbled pattern and dip the ornament down through the nail polish.
- Hang to dry.
2. Easiest felt garland
- Grab some colorful sheets of felt and cut them into small triangles.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach them to a length of ribbon- instant garland for a tree or mantle.
3. Mini macrame
- Knot colorful yarn or cotton twine onto a dowel or small twig.
- Lots of macrame tutorials are available online if you want to add a few simple macrame knots (essentially a series of square knots).
- Just allow the yarn to hang down and trim the ends straight or into an angle.