It’s a simple yet elegant dish that is perfect for special occasions or any day of the week.
Personal Chef Thomas Hudson shows how to make lemon seared scallops served with a dill tomato relish and pea puree.
6 Sea Scallops (serves 2)
1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Mix together the lemon zest, pepper, salt and garlic powder. Pat scallops until dry and season.
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and a teaspoon of butter.
- When the oil is hot, sear the scallops for a minute and a half on both sides. This should give you a beautiful caramelized side.
- Remove the scallops from the pan, rest on paper towel for 30 seconds before plating.
Pea Puree Ingredients
1 Cup Green Peas (frozen)
Pinch of Ginger powder
1 Tablespoon Capers
1 Tablespoon Honey
- Blend thawed peas with all the other ingredients, slowly adding the vegetable stock until you have a smooth, consistent puree.
- Transfer to a small sauce pan and keep warm until served.
Dill Tomato Relish Ingredients
3 Sprigs of Fresh Dill
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- Roughly chop tomatoes, finely chop the dill and mix together with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Make this at least ½ hour before serving to allow flavors to merge.
- Place a spoon of the pea puree on the plate.
- Place a spoon of the relish on the puree slightly to one side.
- Do this three times on the plate with space in between each and place a scallop on top.
- Garnish with a drizzle of lemon infused olive oil, black sesame seeds and chopped chives. (optional)