(WTNH)- Keeping up with your new years resolutions, staying healthy with clean eating.
Local Chef Kashia Cave from My City Kitchen came to Good Morning Connecticut to put together delicious baked stuffed zucchini that is easy to make.
At My City Kitchen, it is there mission to instill healthy eating habits, build self esteem and basic life skills to children so they can grow into healthy adults. Cave teaches many children about food and food products to encourage them how to eat and learn where it comes from. To learn more about My City Kitchen, you can head to their website, http://www.mycitykitchen.org.
The baked Zucchini recipe is as follows:
-3 medium zucchinis
– 1lb ground lean turkey
– Sprigs of fresh herbs thyme, rosemary and sage
– 1 small onion diced small
– 2 cloves of garlic minced
– 1 large tomato diced small
– 1 whole egg
– ½ bread crumbs
– 1 cup parmesan cheese
– ½ of mozzarella cheese for topping
– 2 tbs olive oil
– Chopped parsley for garnish
– Salt and pepper for taste
1. Cut zucchinis length wise, scoop the middle out, rough chopped and place in medium mixing bowl. Placed in ungreased dish.
2. In a skillet add on high heat add the oil and cook ground turkey for 4 minutes, add the fresh herbs, onion, tomato, garlic, scooped out zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove from the heat and add the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and egg. Mix together and stuff the zucchinis.
4. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for 20mins at 350 degrees.
5. Garnish with the chopped parsley and service immediately.