SANTA ROSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — Seventeen homes have been damaged, 13 of them destroyed in the Five Mile Swamp Fire in Santa Rosa County this week.
WKRG News 5 crews were allowed to survey the devastation alongside emergency crews this week.
Hundreds of people were forced to evacuate. Parts of Interstate 10 are shut down.
One of the fires has charred 2,000 acres. It’s about 20% contained Thursday evening.
In the gallery below, you can see the smoldering damage across Santa Rosa County. In the video above, you can see a raw survey of the devastation.
- Man fatally stabbed in Hartford overnight, suspect arrested
- Bridgeport police investigating after woman shot
- Protests heat up across US, governors call in National Guard
- Man arrested in connection to an untimely death in Stamford
- Notre Dame HS spring athletes hold senior day car parade celebration